Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Manpower at BHEL

I worked 18 years (1981-1999) with Electronics Div,BHEL, Baangalore and have come across many brilliant Engineers. As many Engineering graduates look for IT jobs these days, it becomes difficult for manufacturing sector to attract engineers interested in core engineering. However, BHEL manages to get excellent Engineer trainees and are able to hold them too. Hats off to the BHEL.

While we work at BHEL, we may complain about many things, including salary. But if you take out the salary part of it, BHEL is a great place to work at. If you have ideas, there is no limitation to implement your ideas.

I was lucky to have many bosses, who were open to ideas. And I had great company of excellent colleagues. While some cream left BHEL -Udayan Banerjee ( now a VP at NIIT, India), Sastry ( surprisingly took early retirement from Infosys), Raghavan ( now CEO of Honeywell, India ?? ), Shagrithaya, P. Chandrasekhar, ( now in Honeywell) many others like Nandakumar Kamath, Ravindran, Thamendran, Baliga, Rawat etc continue to be loyal to BHEL.

I love BHEL and I learned a lot from BHEL. I look forward to see how I can get involved again with BHEL as a vendor! Or probably help the wards of BHEL employees !!!!

Ramesh
I still remember my staff number after 9 years - 3775739 !!

No comments: